Thursday, March 24, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?

I'd forgotten about this blog ... from my last post in 2008 until now, I moved out of the house (a boyfriend issue) back to my town home, and then clear across the continent and back to the United States in January 2010. I lived in an apartment for the first year - I'd forgotten how bad apartment living is -- I could hear EVERYTHING from the upstairs neighbor, including the squeaking floorboards. And no yard, no balcony, no way to plant things at all except indoors, which was great until I got a kitten.... knocked over pots, dirt on the floor, chewed plants.

At the end of January 2011, I moved into another town home - a nice quiet neighborhood - and a YARD!! Unfortunately it was covered by snow until a few weeks ago, and now I'm itching to get my hands dirty.

I went to Lowes and purchased two roses -- ahhh, to have roses again ... I got two fragrant pink ones - they are from a company I haven't heard of called "Bloomers" and called Fragrant Delight.

Unfortunately I forgot to buy top soil to make the pre-existing beds healthier - so planned to go back to Lowes the next day -- only it's been raining or hailing or raining ever since. My poor pansies ... and my poor roses ... However, the weather channel calls for sun tomorrow - so first thing in the morning I pick up topsoil and some bone meal for the 'girls' (what else would pink roses be) and in the ground they go!!

I'm looking forward to creating a long bed for veggies - but have to figure out how to keep the bunnies and deer out. This will be an interesting adventure!

No comments: